Sponsored by Onion River Sports & The Shoe Horn, Montpelier
The CVR/ORS race series, sponsored by Onion River Sports, is a group of 12 races in which CVR club members are awarded points in series races based on their finishing time compared to the winning time in their age group. Standings are published throughout the year, and awards are presented to the age group winners at the annual CVR banquet. Onion River Sports provides the awards for the series races and for the overall series age group awards.
Races included in the series for 2016:
- New Year's Eve 5K
- Barre Town Spring Run
- Capital City Stampede
- Paul Mailman 10 Mile
- Onion River Sports Montpelier Mile
- Stowe 8 Mile/5k
- Bear Swamp Run
- Berlin Pond 5 Mile
- Northfield Savings Bank 5K/Kids' 1 Mile
- Sodom Pond
- Leaf Peepers Half Marathon and 5K
- Onion River Sports Autumn Onion 5K
- CVR members as of June 1 are eligible. If you become a member after June 1, you can be awarded points for the series races that come after the date you join, but you will not receive points for races you ran before you were a member.
- Age Groups: 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+ Male and Female.
- If there are ties for the winner of an age group, there will be multiple awards in that age group.
- Your age for the series is determined by your age when you run your first race in that year’s series.
- You are required to volunteer for at least one CVR race during the year to be eligible for the series.
- Points are awarded based on your time compared to the winning time in your age group. If the winning time in your age group is 30:00 minutes, and you run 27:00 minutes (90%), then your series points for that race would be 90. If you win your age group, you earn 100 points.
- Your best five races count toward your points total.
- If a series race has to be cancelled for any reason, no other race will replace it in the series.
- Changes to the series rules and the lineup of races for the coming year will be decided on at the November CVR meeting.